Sunday, April 22, 2012

Twelve

Hello my crafty friends! I am excited to bring you my second post for ScrapbookPal.com! This time I am showing you a layout. I have this fun photo of my handsome Nephew from last summer. I find it hard to do boy pages, and this one was no exception! But I like to challenge myself! I used one of the new March PageMaps sketches for inspiration, here is my take:

All the paper is from American Crafts. I wanted to find something with bright colors to match the shirt in the photo, but nothing too girly. I used a notebook border punch for the middle strip, but it's a little hard to tell in the photo.
I decided to play around with drawing swirls with my Zig glue pen and then laying my twine down on top. I love this technique, and am excited to experiment more with this. I love how the twine will adhere well to whatever I draw with the glue pen. I cut all the banner shapes and the star from George and Basic Shapes. This was the first cartridge I ever owned, and I still go to it often. It is so versatile. Another favorite cart is Lyrical Letters because of the many fonts included. I used it for the title, and then added some thickers for some more interest.
I drew an outline around the star shape with the glue pen and laid down the twine. Then I added some brads and a border strip at the top.

I hope you enjoyed my project, and please see the supply list below if you would like to purchase any of these supplies for your own projects.


ScrapbookPal Supply List:


No comments:

Post a Comment