Sunday, October 7, 2012

Trick or Treat!

I went trick-or-treating with my nieces and nephews last year- my parents have a great neighborhood where everyone decorates, there are tons of kids and it's just a lot of fun- a traditional Halloween like you remember when you were a kid. I took tons of photos on my new (at the time) iPhone but unfortunately most of them did not turn out so well. I did manage to salvage a couple of cute ones, and plan on doing some more projects with those. This one features my niece going to knock on a couple of cute doors...
I made this project to enter the 'A Frightful Affair' contest over at Cricut. All the paper is from MME's Mischevious line. It's last years line, but I still love it. The design is inspired by the October sketch from Paper Secrets. Here are a few close ups:
I like that this cartridge offers layers, and silhouette cuts. I liked the silhouette cut on this witch. This is one of the less scary images on this cart which I felt was more appropriate for a page about a little girl. I added some brads to form the bubbles from the cauldron.
The fence cut is really fun- so many different things you could do with this. I added some pumpkins from the Mischevious line to make it a little more cutesy.
The title is really fun as well. Lots of different phrases that can double as page titles, or card sentiments on this cart.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed my project!

Complete supply list

Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Mischevious)
Cardstock: Colorbok
Brads: MME
Cartridge: A Frightful Affair

I am also entering the following challenges:

Paper Secrets - Sketch

13 comments:

  1. I love your polka dot witch..great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cartridge looks awesome, love what you've done with this page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Halloween layout! Love all of the cuts! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that silhouette cut of the witch!! Great layout... Thanks for playing along with us at PS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this cartridge! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome die cuts, great paper choice and nice take on the sketch challenge at Paper Secrets! Thanks for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Heather! Great LO! Just wanted to let you know I was flipping through the Cricut Holiday and the Oct issue and I just happened to see a few of your LO's! Congrats At first, I just saw your picture and I was like "Hey- that's Heather"..lol. I've got a few projects in those issues too. Hope you're well- Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Heather! I love your polka dot witch. Thanks for participating at Paper Secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is adorable! I love the die cutting! Thanks for joining us at PS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute! fantastic layout! thanks for playing along with us at Paper Secrets!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many adorable details on your layout. Love the pumpkins and the little brads for the bubbles. Thanks for joining us at CWC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You layouts are adorable!! I love how you used polka dots throughout the layout!! I host the Scrappin' Saturday over at Fantabulous Cricut and am going to showcase a couple of your layouts!
    Melissa
    FCCB DT - Scrappin' Saturday Host
    scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete