Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ring in the New Year Blog Hop!!

Hello and welcome to the Ring in the New Year Blog Hop! If you have just stumbled upon my blog you can follow along with our hop by starting at Ribbon's and Glue. If you have been following along you should have come from Missy from Quick Chick Designs.
The theme of this blog hop is to use something "new". I am sure many of you got some new crafty goodies over the holidays? I actually got less than usual this year since I decided I needed to start using up some of my stash (and my space keeps getting smaller and smaller... funny how that happens!) I did however get a few new things- one of which was Carta Bella's new Winter Fun collection. I don't have a TON of winter themed paper, so I decided to add some to my stash (and contribute to my space problem). So, I decided to grab some of that fun new paper and make a layout.
 
 
 We had a nice snowstorm a few weeks ago so I thought it would be fun to get some shots of my doggie playing in the snow. Well... easier said than done, lol! She was less than cooperative, but I did manage to get one or two useable shots. So I built my page around my favorite photo, and just used the stickers, journaling spots and border strips that came with the collection. I love utilizing these little 'extras' as embellishments on my layouts- it makes the whole process SO much faster and easier and you know everything is going to coordinate just right. Here are a few closeups:

 
 

Thanks so much for following along with us today! Your next stop is the talented Lisa from A Mermaid's Crafts. In case you get lost along the way, here is the complete lineup:
 

27 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous layout, Heather!! I absolutely love that paper stack!! All of the design elements and embellishments you used are fabulous!! And what a sweet picture!! She is beautiful!! So happy to be hopping with you!! Happy 2013 :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is so adorable! Happy New Year!
    bbiswabic@new.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable LO!! Beautiful paper and love all the added embellishments!!!
    TFS and Happy New Year!!
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
    eschfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I want something new for a treat...this paper is great Love your layout, what a fun doggie photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great LO!

    mb6464@hotmail.com
    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous LO - love the papers and great photo:-) Happy New Year

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great LO! I am a pooch lover so I love when there are projects centered around our four legged family! :-) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather...my all star friend....LOVE this layout! Congrats on your win at Carta Bella with this layout! Thanks for participating in this hop! Happy New Year! Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your layout and the paper is fabulous. Your baby playing in the snow looks super fun. Happy New Year.
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou
    http://scrappinc.blogspot.com
    endurapuppy at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is such an AWESOME layout! Fantastic and I have to tell you, we had a boxer and she was our baby - we miss her so much!

    I love the details on your layout and I absolutely love the simplicity of the triangles/tree:) Love it!!

    Hope you have a wonderful New Year my friend!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new year what a fun hop to bring it on. Fun card love th e papers and the color you used.

    DIANA L
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous page!! LOVE the color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great layout!! I love, love that Carta Bella paper, I can't bring myself to cut in to mine yet!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layout of your dog! The papers are great and it's so nice it's all coordinated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great LO Heather! I sure wish I could create LO's like you! Happy New Year! Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute layout! I love your design and all the extra's that make this layout fantastic! Your dog is adorable!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute layout design! I love watching dogs play in the snow, actually spent my New Year doing just that!

    So glad to have been in the hop with you. You've got a new follower in me :)

    Kelsie Ann
    cutcraftcreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a cool page, pun intended! dogs add so much to our lives. every year we try for the "family picture" and so far we get the southbound end of the northbound dog. either one or both of ours have to show us a thing or two. I love how cozy this page is with the snow stuff on it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!Very pretty layout,love your snowdog,I am a new follower,scrappinggg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a great layout! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very attractive layout!

    sherii at cfl dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great LO. Like the Christmassy colors.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great LO and cheery colors

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  24. A wonderful LO!
    Happy New Year!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this scrapbook page! I am addicted to scrapbooking! So much fun! makeighleekyleigh at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super adorable!!!! You are always coming up with the most amazing LOs!

    ReplyDelete