Monday, April 21, 2014

And what we made was glorious

So I have a little bit of a back story for today's layout. A few months ago my husband thought it would be fun to google our son's name- just to see what came up (as you do, right?! lol).  He ended up finding several images of a cute toddler boy with strawberry blonde hair. We thought it was interesting because our son has strawberry blonde hair (despite both of us being dark! We still get a kick out of that!) and it looked like this little boy could be *our* Henry in a few years. The photos came from a blog called Hey Natalie Jean and we thought it was cute that she called her Henry 'Huck" as a nickname, since we are still looking for a good nickname for our Henry. We're not big fans of Hank. Then a couple weeks later we were at our pediatrician's office for a well check, and one of the nurses mentioned the blog to us again- she was a fan of the blog and recognized our Henry's name and thought for a moment it could be the same one! So I decided to check out the blog a bit more and it turns out I have quite a bit in common with this gal. As I was reading a post about the birth of her son she ended it by saying "And what we made was glorious". I thought that was such a beautiful sentiment I just had to steal it for a layout title. I used one of the first photos of Henry after he was born and I really just LOVE this layout.
The paper is from a  new DCWV stack called Honey Chic. I am really loving the new lines they are coming out with, and you will too. They are really listening to their customers (sending lots of surveys to find what people really want from them, and then trying to accomodate) and also having some very on-trend offerings as well. They have some really great new stacks with nautical themes, blue and coral, outdoors, woodsy and vintage. And you will die for the Gilded stack. Kraft with gold.  Foil. It is AWESOME. I will have to post a card I made for my husband with this stack. It was great for a man card because it wasn't too feminine. But anyway, back to my current project!
Lots of fun colors, and I really like the bright colors against the black. I popped up the flags so they would really pop off the page.
I can't even tell you how I am still so excited to be able to design titles like this with my Cricut Explore! It just makes me giddy! So I took one of the 4x6 journaling cards from the stack. It had a cute glitter-y (it's hard to see in the picture) banner element which I thought mirrored well off of the banner I had on my page. I designed the title, and because of the software I was able to adjust where it would cut on the mat so I could cut the title on the journaling card and then back it with patterned paper. I really love how it turned out. I just added some colorful sequins confetti style to fill in the white space a little bit.
The blue paper in the background has a bunch of sweet phrases in a script font. I highlighted one that said "you make me happy" because I thought it was so fitting for this page. The camera is an SVG cut that I was able to cut with my Cricut (!). I believe I got it from 2 Peas. I still love camera images and use them frequently. The darling 'This" paperclip and flair are from Freckled Fawn. They have the best embellishments. Love them.
Lastly I just added some colorful enamel dots and arrows to add just a little more color and interest in the upper left corner.

I hope you enjoyed my project today. Here is a picture of the stack I used if you would like one of your own!!


No comments:

Post a Comment