Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ten fingers and ten toes

Hiya friends! So I had a lot of fun playing with the Cricut Design Space for this project. I never really got into the Gypsy, even though I know a lot of you swear by it, so the designing and manipulating of images is pretty new to me, but now that I have jumped on the bandwagon I just LOVE it. I love how you can take an existing design and tweak it to be whatever you want. I also love that you can use any font that you have on your computer. Gives you so many creative possibilities with titling and journaling, and it's just plain fun!! So here is my layout:
Aren't those tiny little baby fingers and toes just the cutest?! So for this layout I used one of my all time favorite stacks from DCWV- Sunday Afternoon. This really is one of my favorites. The images are a little vintage-y, a little whimsical and right up my alley.
Here is where I had a little fun with the designing element of this page- designing the title. It was fun to have the freedom to use different fonts, to manipulate the size to fit your page, weld, etc all on the same computer screen and then have it print out as one project. As opposed to how I USED to do it which was to cut my letters one cartridge at a time, and being limited to what I could to with the image. Okay, I know I am a little late to the party with the designing aspect of this, but I was really intimidated by the software aspect, and thought it seemed complicated to learn so I just wasn't interested in taking the time. Turns out it was super easy and I'm so glad I dived in!
The hearts were fussy cut from a  page in the stack, and literally every heart on the page has a different design and they are all absolutely adorable!
And isn't this banner the cutest? I just love the patterns in this stack, and yes, I still love banners on my layouts. What can I say, I'm a banner junkie.
Film strips (and vintage cameras) are another design trend that I am really into right now. I simply love this film strip image.

So there's my layout, hope you enjoyed it! If you would like to get some of this darling paper for yourself (and you definitely should! It's adorbs!!) here is a picture of the stack:



No comments:

Post a Comment